Tonight, October 27, is the grand opening for the Circa casino on Fremont Street in downtown Las Vegas. This social club has been making downtown its center of Vegas activity for years now, preferring to stay at The D, owned by Derek Stevens and the same group opening Circa.
In noted contrast to the publicly owned casinos on the Strip, Derek seems to embrace gamblers, cater to them, and promotes what gamblers want – a decent shot at the games and a damn good time.
Circa is a phenomenal addition to downtown. As a group we look forward to getting there sometime soon. But for tonight, if you want to get in on the action, here are some ways to do so remotely:
- VSiN has a studio inside the massive sportsbook at Circa. They will be live streaming starting at 10PM Eastern.
- Follow the Circa Las Vegas Twitter account. They have not announced any plans to live stream, but if anyone in their family of accounts, or Derek Stevens himself, does a live stream, they will link it.
- Clearly the Circa team is media savvy. They are doing a VIP entry at 7 PM local time tonight, which means local camera crews will be able to put video together for 11 PM news. KSNV already has done a segment from the Circa sportsbook. Should be worth checking there for video.
- The entertaining Mike E has announced he will stream and he has VIP access. No idea what the form will be, but should be entertaining. Mike E has proudly acquired a tuxedo for the event.
- For night owls, the aptly named Sleepless in Las Vegas will stream starting at 11:30 Pacific, 2:30 Eastern.
- Also late, Brian Christopher is a slots player and vlogger who plans to live stream the event starting at midnight Las Vegas time, so 3AM Eastern on Wednesday October 28.
And although they will not be there, Vegas podcasters Five Hundy By Midnight will be doing a preview chat for their Patreon supporters at 7:30 PM Eastern tonight. Tim and Michelle do a wonderful job following Vegas happenings and sharing their visits. The community of listeners is also well informed, and should have interesting things to say ahead of the opening.